Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Gun Violence Restraining Order Forms

Gun Violence Restraining Orders

Each form packet has an instruction sheet and a sample packet to guide you page-by-page through the forms. If you are not sure which packet is best suited to your issues, please contact the Self-Help Center. Once you have completed forms, you may scan and email them to the Self-Help Center for review at

Restraining Order forms may be reviewed at the Restraining Order Help Center located on the first floor of 201 N. First Street, San Jose, CA 95113.

  • If you are afraid that a close family member may harm themselves or another person with a gun, you can ask for a Gun Violence Restraining Order.
  • If you are a law enforcement officer, you may file a Gun Violence Restraining Order if you are afraid a person may use a gun to harm themselves or others.
  • To get a Gun Violence Restraining Order, you must fill out the correct forms. You may obtain more information by going to the Judicial Council’s Self-Help page. You can get them online at the Judicial Council Gun Violence forms page. You will also want the Declaration in Support of Ex Parte Application for Orders (Local Form FM-1013). The completed forms may be filed in the Civil Division at the Downtown Superior Court.